The NJ SFAA is enforced by the NJ Department of Health (NJ DOH) and by local health departments. Enforcement is by the health department that serves the municipality where the violation occurred. Some municipalities are served by a regional or county-wide health department. A health department is an administrative and enforcing agency, like a police department. The Board of Health is a rule-making body, like a town council.
To find out more information:
- link to the NJ DOH website
- link to the state's searchable database of local health departments and downloadable list of local health agencies, the municipalities over which they have jurisdiction, and their contact information
- the government listings section (blue pages) of most telephone directories
- call your Local Health Department
- call our office (908) 273-9368 if we can be of any assistance.
Last update: 1/28/10